EUROPEAN YOUTH MEETS in ANTANDROS
26 April – 3 May: Altinoluk – Turkey
Budget: 275 euro – all money will be reimburse at the end of project
Participant: 4+1 group leader
The purpose of the project is to introduce and to raise awareness on cultural heritage, resource value, art history, archeology and Antandros Ancient City with 28 young participants between the ages of 24-30 from the 7 different countries especially based on European cultural heritage. Interactive teaching and learning techniques will be applied in 6 day long activities taking place in Turkey.
1 instructor and 2 youth leaders who specialize in the field and instructors who will make artistic activities in creative arts are volunteers who are members of the association and work in the field of social responsibility.
On the first day of project activities; before lunch, there will be activities such as participants introduction, ice breaking games and group building activities. It is planned that the 17 years old excavation area will be visited as the next activity in the afternoon. Video and photo records will be taken during the visit. The concepts of cultural heritage and resource value will be discussed.
On the second day of the project activities; first preparing and tasting a menu of the traditional food from ancient history is planned. Afterwards construction of “Mosaic” in the scope of the Creative Art Workshop activities will be started after lunch.
On the third day of the project activities; in the morning, right after the warming up session Sarıkız Ethnographic Gallery where examples of regional cultural values are exhibited will be visited. As an afternoon activity, part of the 24 km Aeneas Trekking route at the ida mountaions will be visited.
On the fourth day of the project activities; excavation work on the Necropolis area will be observed on site and video and photo records will be taken. The concepts related to archeology and art history will be discussed. The actions on the historical monuments excavated from the excavation house, will be seen and recorded on video at the İda Art Terrases in Altınolouk as the next activity.
On the fifth day of the project activities; in the early activities, presentations will be on writing Erasmus + Youth Projects and EURODESK workshops will be introduced. Furthermore information about Youthpass will be given. As a next leisure activity, workshops will be held on participant youths to write their own youth projects on an area of interest, sample application forms will be reviewed and questions will be answered. In our project, ice breaker games and grouping activities were planned before every activity.
On the sixth day of the project activities; Erasmus + Youth projects which is prepared on the 5th day, will be present and share for the suggestions on correction and improvement in the association’s building.
The next activity will be completion of works in Creative Art Workshop, and project activities will be shared with members of the association and local press. The objectives we would like to achieve in the end of the project should be listed as:
- To increase the awareness of the cultural heritage, resource value, art of history, archeology and informing participants about ancient city of Antandros
- To increase information of foreign languages and practices especially in English.
- To provide an international environment around participants and to ensure intercultural learning.
- To help participants for realizing their own qualifications in the field of intergenerational transfer of cultural heritage
- To inform participants about citizen of EU
- To inform participants about Erasmus+
- To encourage participants for writing a project in the field of interest.
- To encourage participants being a project partners in the following years
- To inform participants about writing an action plan. The impact of our project: If we summarize the impact of our project on the participants, then our young participants will have more knowledge about Cultural Heritage, resource value, art history, archeology and awareness of Antandros Ancient City and Erasmus + Projects. Our aim is to make the two field in-depth studies in their private lives after the training of our participants in the age range of 24-30. Participants, associate members and local people will have more information about Erasmus + Youth Projects.
We are looking forward to see you on 27 April – 02 May 2018 in Balıkesir, in Turkey. (https://www.hometurkey.com/) But before you come, there is still a lot to do! We have prepared this information guide to make this project a very successful and enjoyable experience for you and also for us. Here you can find all important information you need for your preparation. We also hope you appreciate work we had with this guide and we know you will read it at least once all till the end 🙂
27 April – 02 May 2018
Altınoluk -Balıkesir – TURKEY
What to bring?
We are asking you to bring certain clothes for your physical safety, personal hygiene of yourself and the other members of the group. Make sure that you have enough clothes for 6 days of program. We will also do exercises outside, also sit on the floor during the programme.
Make sure you bring:
- Ideas, happiness and a smiling face J
- Comfortable clothes and shoes for outdoor & indoor activities
- Hat/cap and sunglasses (it may be sunny)
- Swimming suits (it may be warm enough to swim during the day)
- Warm clothes (it may rain and be windy in the evening)
- All personal medication
- Make a travel health insurance which is valid in Turkey during your stay!!!
- Please bring something which represents your country. Some food, drinks, music, dance and materials to introduce your country to the others (for the intercultural evening)
- There will also be possibility to present your organization and to find new partners for your future projects. So, don’t forget to bring general information on your organization (leaflets etc, films or power point presentations). This will allow us to create an Exchange-Board available to everyone, all the time…
Travel to Altınoluk
Even you have 3 options, I recommend you to find a direct flight to İzmir Adnan Menderes Airport (ADB) which is only 240 km away from your hotel. You may also fly to Istanbul – Sabiha Gökçen or Atatürk Airport. While at the airport, you can/should exchange some currency. Currency: Turkish national currency named Turkish Lira (TL) and the exchange rate approximately 1 € = (around) 4,7 TL. We recommend you to exchange just about 30 EUR. You might exchange the rest of your money here in Edremit because you can get a better rate here compared to the airport. You should have some Turkish Lira with you because most places don’t accept Euro.
OPTION 1 – From İzmir Adnan Menderes Airport (ADB): You should take a bus (line 204) to go to İzmir Bus Station. When you are in the Bus Station (Otogar), the recommended-best choice company is Pamukkale, Kamil Koç to drive to Altınoluk. Because there is a direct bus from İzmir to Altınoluk. (And the price is around 40 TL). It takes around 4-5 hours by bus. (if you have a direct flight to İzmir it is OK…otherwise I will NOT recommend this option, if you select this one please just ask me!!!! then buy your tickets) EUROPEAN YOUTH MEETS in ANTANDROS – 27 April – 2 May 2018 in Altınoluk Turkey
3 Mobile: +90 535 920 22 45 www.antandros.org
From İzmir Adnan Menderes Airport to İzmir Bus Station
Bus Station to Airport
Airport to Bus Station
http://www.belediyeotobusu.com/204-saatleri-izmir EUROPEAN YOUTH MEETS in ANTANDROS – 27 April – 2 May 2018 in Altınoluk Turkey
4 Mobile: +90 535 920 22 45 www.antandros.org
From İzmir Bus Station to Altınoluk
https://www.pamukkale.com.tr/bilet/izmir-altinoluk-otobus-bileti/26-04-2018/ EUROPEAN YOUTH MEETS in ANTANDROS – 27 April – 2 May 2018 in Altınoluk Turkey
5 Mobile: +90 535 920 22 45 www.antandros.org
OPTION 2 – First choice is to take a direct flight from İstanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport (SAW) to Balıkesir Koca Seyit Airport (EDO).
A second choice is to take a bus from İstanbul to Edremit (please do not try to use this option). In that case you have to ask for “Metro Turizm Samandıra Tesisleri”. The best way to go to “Metro Turizm Samandıra Tesisleri” is by taking a taxi. It takes 15 minutes to go there and it is around 30-40TL (10 Euro). Then you can take a bus to Altınoluk.
https://www.metroturizm.com.tr/en/otobus-bileti/IZMIR-ALTINOLUK?date=26.04.2018&tw=0 EUROPEAN YOUTH MEETS in ANTANDROS – 27 April – 2 May 2018 in Altınoluk Turkey
6 Mobile: +90 535 920 22 45 www.antandros.org
OPTION 3 – First choice is to take a direct flight from İstanbul Atatürk Airport (IST) to Balıkesir Koca Seyit Airport (EDO).
A second choice is to take an underground metro from the airport to bus station which is called OTOGAR. The metro works from 06.00 o’clock in the morning until midnight. There is metro every 5 minutes. You will have to buy a token (which is 5TL) to get into the train. It takes 30 minutes from airport to bus station.
When you are in the Bus Station (Otogar), the recommended-best choice company are Pamukkale, Kamil Koç, Balıkesir Uludağ and Metro Turizm..
3Aà As a first option there is a direct bus from İstanbul to Altınoluk (Balıkesir) every day. (And the price is 90-100TL)
It takes around 5-6 hours by bus. EUROPEAN YOUTH MEETS in ANTANDROS – 27 April – 2 May 2018 in Altınoluk Turkey
7 Mobile: +90 535 920 22 45 www.antandros.org
https://www.metroturizm.com.tr/en/otobus-bileti/ISTANBUL_AVR-ALTINOLUK?date=26.04.2018&tw=0 EUROPEAN YOUTH MEETS in ANTANDROS – 27 April – 2 May 2018 in Altınoluk Turkey
8 Mobile: +90 535 920 22 45 www.antandros.org
On the bus, don’t be afraid to accept the tea, coffee, refreshments and snacks, what the hostesses are offering to you – it’s for free!
Before you leave Bus station, please send me message (e-mail, whatsapp, facebook/messanger or sms) to inform us about your travel time then we will take you from the Altınoluk Bus Station. It takes 5 minutes from Altınoluk Bus Station to Akçam Hotel.
From the Altınoluk Bus Station to Akçam Hotel
– Arrival day is the 26 April and Departure day is the 03 May after breakfast.
– Accommodation will be located in “Akçam Otel” Altınoluk – Balıkesir.
– All participants will be accommodated in shared bedrooms (2, 3 or 4). In the room there is a toilet, bathroom, TV, towel, hair-dryer and air-conditioner.
– Please bring your own Slipper/sandal and there is free wifi-connection on the venue. EUROPEAN YOUTH MEETS in ANTANDROS – 27 April – 2 May 2018 in Altınoluk Turkey
9 Mobile: +90 535 920 22 45 www.antandros.org EUROPEAN YOUTH MEETS in ANTANDROS – 27 April – 2 May 2018 in Altınoluk Turkey
10 Mobile: +90 535 920 22 45 www.antandros.org EUROPEAN YOUTH MEETS in ANTANDROS – 27 April – 2 May 2018 in Altınoluk Turkey
11 Mobile: +90 535 920 22 45 www.antandros.org
Emergency phone numbers:
Fire department: 110
For more information or help don’t hesitate to contact: Zeynep İLHAN
Edremit is a district at the western coast of Turkey, having coastline of 35 km at the Aegean Sea. The population of the district is 140.000. Its neighbouring districts are Küçükkuyu in Çanakkale to the west and Ayvalık to the south. Edremit is famous for its olives, thermal spas, and clean beaches, making it an important tourist destination.
Weather Conditions in Turkey
Don´t forget to bring raincoat. Because the weather will be rainy and windy in Altınoluk in April-May. (Around 18 – 20 0C) Also, please, have a look at:
The electricity supply in Turkey is set on AC 220 Volts 50 Hz (European standard) and two-prong
plugs-ins are used; all the electrical appliances must be synchronized with that.